Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gabriel Coburger Quartet @ Agharta Jazz Club, Prague 10/4/10

Prague is awesome!  I'm finding lots of jazz clubs and starting to explore them.  I saw great Modern Jazz Quartet from Hamburg, Germany for my first night in Prague, the Gabriel Coburger Quartet.  They were from Hamburg, I was coming from Hamburg, it seemed right.  Gabriel plays the tenor and soprano sax and alto flute.  I especially enjoyed his flute playing.  The piano player also played vibraphones and a little piano that they say has no name.  I find that hard to believe, but perhaps.  I didn't get a good enough look to attempt to try to figure it out.  The electric bass player also played guitar at times.  The drummer was interesting.  He had a kit and then a few percussion instruments.  He played the triangle a lot, which I loved.  I enjoyed him the most.

I like the space, it has a nice feel to it.  Stone walls, little tables, nice vibe.  I thought I would make it back, but that didn't happen.  I had too much exploring to do.  There are pictures of the club and the stage on their website.  It's right by the Old Town Square, which is a great location if you are doing the tourist thing.

http://www.gabrielcoburger.de/
http://www.agharta.cz/index.php?p=program&site=agharta_ajc

GABRIEL COBURGER QUARTET (D) modern jazz - ts+fl, p, g, d

No comments: