Friday, September 24, 2010

Masada String Trio @ The Stone 9/19/10

It was a full house and a $25 cover.  I had a decent standing spot along the wall in the middle.  I could see well. About 20-30 min in,  they asked for the A/C to be turned on.  That made it a little less uncomfortable for me - I'm not sure if it made a difference up front.  It was interesting for me to see that I could ignore the sounds of the A/C without a problem but if someone is whispering very softly, I have a cow.  I have a feeling I can ignore whispering just as easily if I so desire.

The music was fabulous.  I will never get tired of this band.  Each of the musicians are outstanding.  Every note is breathtaking.  Really.  The music draws me in and fills me with elation.  I can't believe it can be this good.  It isn't just the musicianship, it's the soul ... The feeling.  It's incredible.

Masada String Trio—HABORYM Mark Feldman (violin) Erik Friedlander (cello) Greg Cohen (bass) WORLD PREMIERE PERFORMANCES of music from their new CD on The Book of Angels series! TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS

No comments: