Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mike Holober & The Gotham Jazz Orchestra @ Jazz Standard 3/11/09

This was a nice, lively big band with lots of brass. I had trouble seeing the reeds, and I would have liked to have taken more note of what was going on. I did see a recorder, and now know there's a recorder post brewing soon. I've been seeing a lot lately and it bring up a lot. The recorder guy also had a flute and couple of saxes. There were 18 performers I think 5 reeds, 4 trombones, 4 trumpets, guitar, upright bass, drums, percussion, and piano/keyboard. I think it's always nice to have a percussionist in a jazz orchestra. It was lively an a lot of fun.

Mike Holober & The Gotham Jazz Orchestra
* Mike Holober – piano and Fender Rhodes
* Jon Gordon, Steve Kenyon, Dave Pietro, Charles Pillow, Tim Ries – reeds
* Craig Johnson, Tony Kadleck, Joe Magnarelli, Scott Wendholt – trumpets
* Nate Durham, Bruce Eidem, Pete McGuinness, Mark Patterson – trombones
* Pete McCann – guitar
* John Hebert – bass
* John Riley – drums
* Rogerio Boccato – percussion

No comments: