Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Venue: Drom

I see Marc Ribot is playing tomorrow night at a new venue called Drom in the East Village. I stopped by to check it out on my way to Charles Gayle the other night.

It’s located downstairs at 85 Ave A. It’s kind of fancy for the East Village, but so far the vibe and staff is slightly more low-key than if it were in another location. Everyone I met is very nice. It just opened a couple of weeks ago, so it will be interesting to see how it evolves.

It’s a Eurasian Tapas restaurant with a full bar. The stage is in the restaurant area and it looks nice. You can call and reserve a table for a show. The bar is right behind the tables and you can see the show just fine from there as well.

So far, they do a good job with booking and I hope it turns out to be a good place.

I’m not sure if there is a minimum, but tickets for the popular shows, like Ribot, can be purchased in advance on-line. There is no additional service charge included in the on-line ticket.

Drinks are a little pricey, looks like $10-12 for most, but they do free pour and it looks like a healthy shot.

I guess I’ll find out more when I actually go to the show tomorrow, but it’s always nice to see another new venue doing music I want to be at.

Here’s the Drom website:

http://www.dromnyc.com/home/

No comments: