Thursday, November 8, 2007

Marco Benevento: Live at Tonic CD

I’ve listened to it 5 or 6 times now and I love it. All of it, even the songs with Mike Gordon. That was the only night I didn’t make it. That was also the only night it was a late show, otherwise I would have probably done it. I just looked it up on jambase, and it was 5 Wednesdays in the month of Nov, 2006. They were all incredible shows. 2 sets a night. My favorite was drum night – Marco and 3 drummers. It was incredible. A close 2nd was a tie with the night with Steven Bernstein and the solo night. It was all amazing.

I think they did a great job of distributing the songs, and choosing lots of gems from each show. My favorite is disk #3. I think they were originally thinking about 5 discs, so I assume this was what made sense when they were putting it together.

I’m looking forward to this Jan run, and I guess if Sullivan Music Hall isn’t too crowded it should be nice.

No comments: