Friday, October 22, 2010

Cuban Music @ Guantanamera 10/19/10

I already knew that when the stars are in alignment, meaning the "right" 4 musician combo is available, this is the only place to be. I was told it is amazing Cuban music unlike any other in the US. I am not that sophisticated in my understanding of Cuban, but it was awesome and I enjoyed it immensely.


It consists of stellar congas that compelled me to get up and dance, electric bass, keyboard, and a great guy on bongos and cowbell. You know I loved this instrumentation! The music was captivating and awesome. I'm told it's not always these specific 4 and that makes a big difference. Oh - the food and drinks were awesome so if nothing else, you are bound to have a good time and spend some money.


It was awesome! I need to look out for that Conga player! I'm trying to find out the names of the musicians. I might edit this later if so.

http://guantanameranyc.com/media/guantanamera.html

No comments: