Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mardi Gras Indian Orchestra @ Hi Ho Lounge 5/2/10

I finally got to see this and it was even better than I expected. It consists of:
The Indian Rhythm Section(IRS), 3 guys each with a different small percussion instrument who also do rhythmic vocals
Kevin O'Day on drums
Helen Grillot on cello
Harry Hardin on Violin
Keyboards
2 guitars
Electric bass
A guy on congas/bongos who spoke spanish to me when I walked in

It was awesome! They started off with an instrumental without IRS. Oh was I happy I finally woke up and made it to this! They did Eliza and some other old favorites as well as some tunes I don't know. It was about 1.5 hours of awesome music.

I just found this when I was trying to figure out the names of some of the people on stage:
http://nola.humidbeings.com/features/detail/294/Mardi-Gras-Indian-Orchestra-Live-at-the-Hi-Ho-Thanksgiving-Night

No comments: