Saturday, May 22, 2010

Break

I ended up taking an unplanned break from music. I did attempt to get some music, venturing out at around midnight Sat night. I wanted to see Lubriphonic at 12 Blues Bar. But, when I got there, the show was cancelled and the place was closed.

After some deliberation, I headed up to Frenchman St. It was very crowded and none of the music was appealing to me. I did have fun hanging out for a bit, but I was still tired. I went back to my room to rest and anticipated coming back out for late night. I wanted to try to get into Galactic at The Howlin Wolf, in spite of it being sold out. If I couldn't get in, I would probably either do Bonerama at Tips FQ, trombone Shorty at Tips uptown, or George, Johnny, and Marco at the Maple Leaf. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. I woke up at 6am and then went back to sleep some more.

I'm surprised I chose to skip the fest on Sun. I reviewed the lineup and decided I would prefer to be a tourist in the FQ instead. I had everything I needed in case I changed my mind, I could still go. But, I was enjoying my day and didn't feel the need.

No comments: