Saturday, May 24, 2008

Open Ears Music Series in NOLA

I am very glad to see this exists and when I go to NOLA on a random long weekend, I'm going to have to make sure I stay for this on a Tues night.

One thing that really came through at jazzfest is that they need visitors. It's something simple and fun that we can do to support them and bring their spirits up. I can't tell you how many people thanked us for coming and told us how nice it was to see us. From cab drivers to musicians and all over the place. They thrive on visitors and once you get off Bourbon St it's such a great place to visit.

Any way, I'm glad to see a creative music thing going on there. I know that The Big Top also has creative music and it's good to see there's more than just the same old, same old there. I of course like to see the same old, same old when I'm there, but if I lived there I would need more. I'm glad they have this for the people who live there. I always imagined them seeing the same bands week after week.


No comments: