Monday, December 19, 2011

Planet of the Abts @ Brooklyn Bowl 12/6/11

They started out with just Matt and Jorgen, doing something quite experimental and a little out there.  I wondered if it was going to be an experimental jam ensemble, which I would love.  This wasn't the case but it was still great.  The guitar eventually joined in and it was a jammy instrumental to start.  Then they had many songs that jammed, but also had vocals.  They each sang some.  The singing wasn't terrible and didn't ruin it, but I didn't need it, either.

I had a lot of fun and would see them again.  I had to leave after an hour because I had to get up early 2 days in a row, but I was glad I went.  It was surprising that it was a low turnout - I expected more people.  Still a lot of fun.

Matt Abts: Drums, percussion, lead and background vocals
Jorgen Carlsson: Bass, guitar, percussion, tambourine, background vocals
TBone: Guitar, keyboards, percussion, lead and background vocals

Update to this post here: 
http://terrismusicblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/planet-of-abts-brooklyn-bowl-12611.html

No comments: