Thursday, December 15, 2011

Birdsongs of the Mesozoic @ The Stone 11/26/11

The music was good and I could get into it.  There were a couple of pieces I particularly enjoyed.  My favorite was the one composed by the keyboard player.  Many of the pieces were composed had some pre-programmed music from the laptop as one of the instruments.  There was no drummer, but often drumbeats were coming from the laptop.  The pre-programmed part didn't thrill me and wore me out after a while.  I would have preferred a drumkit and skipping that.  However the band has been around for a long time, experimenting how they like, so it must work for some.  I did enjoy it and didn't feel like I wasted $10, I just don't need to see them again.

Birdsongs of the Mesozoic Erik Lindgren (piano) Rick Scott (keyboards) Ken Field (reeds) Michael Bierylo (guitar, computer) In existence for over 30 years, Boston’s acclaimed Birdsongs of the Mesozoic play a unique mix of rock, punk, classical, minimalism, and free-form music, with occasional forays into even more unexpected directions. They have remained fresh and always changing, while retaining their distinctive style. 

No comments: