Friday, December 30, 2011

Paul Shapiro's Biscuits & Blues @ City Winery 12/18/11

I finally made it to Klezmer Brunch at City Winery.  It's a $10 music charge and the entrees are around $9-$14 each.  It was a lot of fun.

We had an extra special treat in that Arturo O'Farrill was playing piano.  Paul is a fantastic sax player and I enjoyed the drums and bass a lot.  Paul sang some and there was also a female and male vocalist out at times.  All songs had vocals, which isn't my preference but wasn't bad.  The phenomenal piano and reeds still came through.

http://www.paulshapiromusic.com/paulshapiromusic.com/Ribs_and_Brisket.html

I think it was the same personnel as when they played New Years at Cornelia Street back in 2005/2006. That's the only place I could find a lineup, but I'm pretty sure it's the same:

Paul Shapiro, saxophone & clarinet;
Babi Floyd, vocals;
Cilla Owens, vocals;
Arturo O'Farrill, piano;
Tony Lewis, drums;
Booker King, bass

No comments: