Sunday, June 5, 2011

Renard Poche

I saw this from NolaFunk NYC, sharing a post from NPR.  I think he is awesome, very Jimi Hendrix-ish.  I saw him for the first time at Jazzfest years ago, I should say I noticed him then because I had definitely seen him with Dr. John and possibly other times before then.  this Jazzfest show was his own band, and then that night with Skerik and a bunch of other people at Howlin Wolf.  When announced someone asked who saw Renard's smokin hot set at the fest that day and I was the only one to "whoo".  It WAS at 11:30am after all.  Renard looked at me and said "now that's love".  Too bad for the rest of the people who missed out!

Here's the link to the NPR post.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/ablogsupreme/2011/05/23/136578139/renard-poch-snoballs-and-sultry-funk

No comments: