Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Marco Benevento Trio @ Japan Benefit, Brooklyn Bowl 5/24/11

In spite of Dave Dreiwitz I wasn't looking forward to another Marco Trio show.  Still, I was there and what else was I gonna do?  Well, let me tell you, same songs as always, I think he pulled out his greatest hits for the 50 minute set, and I was completely blown away.  It was fantastic.  I had a silent groan in my head for "The Real Morning Party".  Yet, soon enough, I was ecstatic!  It was absolutely wonderful!  Different drummer, different venue, different night - whatever - it was completely different.  Each of these very familiar songs were completely fresh and new.

Wow!  3 stellar shows out of 3.  It can't possibly get better than this, can it?

http://www.brooklynbowl.com/event/39971/

True People`s CEREMONY for TOHOKU Disaster

a benefit for relief efforts in Japan, proceeds will go to Think the Earth Project, John Medeski, Billy Martin, Steven Bernstein, Club d'Elf featuring Hassan Hakmoun and Brahim Fribgane, Wicked Knee, Marco Benevento, Marshall Allen

No comments: