Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Elysian Fields @ LPR 6/14/11

I wish I could tell you who was onstage aside from the core band members, Jennifer Charles and Oren Bloedow.  I just knew a couple more of the special guests.

Doug Weiselman was on-stage for some of the pieces with his sax, bass and alto clarinets.  Whenever he was up there, so was a female alto clarinet.

Danny Blume was on bass sometimes.  At other times, the bassist looked familiar, but I couldn't place him.  He doubled as a french horn (or was it a horn or English horn?) When Danny was on bass.

A trombone came out every now and then.  There were 2 strings on stage a lot - I think a violin and a viola.  Piano, keyboards, laptop, another guitar sometimes, drums.  Another female vocalist for one.  I think that was basically it,

It was good.  I have a lot going on at work so I left a few minutes early.  I must say Jennifer is a great singer and very captivating.  I was highly impressed.with Oren's soulful voice in the one song he did.

It's a great band, whatever they choose to do.  I like the concept of playing with different people all the time.  Especially when they are always great.

http://lepoissonrouge.com/events/view/2271

No comments: