Thursday, February 4, 2010

Banquet of Spirits @ Joe's Pub 2/2/10

I was torn between this and Ceramic Dog at LPR. I am very happy with my choice! I think they have some new material, at least I didn't recognize a lot of it. Even the tambourine duo between Tim and Cyro was quite different from the many other tambourine duos I've seen them do.

Everyone had lots of instruments, although not quite the same as the last time I saw them. Cyro had something hanging that was similar to a large saw blade. There was an awesome duo with Cyro on berimbau and Tim on kora. I loved that.

Shanir played the electric bass and bass oud. He is phenomenal, as are they all.

Brian has such a vast range of sound with all of his keyboards. He could sound Middle Eastern at times, beautiful piano at times, outrageous and/or out there, and everything in between.

It was about 1.5 hours of incredible music!

No comments: