Saturday, November 21, 2009

Doug Wamble @ Bar Next Door 11/19/09

I wanted something, but my prepared list of potentials wasn't it. I checked searchandrestore.com nah, that wasn't it, either. I made a final attempt to consult my AAJ print edition. I stopped reading as soon as I saw Doug listed. Without knowing it, that was exactly what I was looking for!

I got there probably toward the beginning of the break. They came back on a little after 10:15. They didn't realize they were scheduled to play til 11:45, so they went back to some of the material from the 1st set as well as some unplanned material. Lucky me who missed the 1st set!

It was awesome. 2 guitars and a bass. For the most part, I didn't miss the drums. I can at least say it wasn't a big deal they weren't there and the music was awesome. I'm glad it was an extra-long set. I loved the planned portion of the set. It was enough. It was a little more mellow than the unplanned portion. It made it difficult to tear myself away a little after 11:30.

The other guitar had an electric and a pedal steel. It was an upright bass. It was really great, and I love this trio.

Thursday, Nov. 19th. DW Trio with Jeff Hanley on bass and Rich Hinman on guitar/pedal steel at La Lanterna. 3rd and MacDougal.

www.lalanternacaffe.com

No comments: