Friday, June 19, 2009

Vision Fest 6/12/09

The only other night I made it to was Sat. It just worked out that way. I saw the end of Rob Brown's set, which was incredibly awesome. I should have gotten there sooner. This is one phenomenal trio with Craig Taborn and Nasheet Waits.

When I got there, it was pretty crowded downstairs, so I went upstairs to the loge. It is so much better up there. I usually don't like up, but its awesome at Abrons.

I also loved the Milford Graves Quartet. I didn't know about him. He's awesome. He came out on his own chanting and drumming, eventually making himself comfortable at his expanded drum kit. The other guys gradually came out and joined in, with William Parker coming out last. It was excellent. I wanted to stay, but I was too tired.

Vision Fest is awesome! I wish I could have enjoyed more of it, but what I got was fantastic.

No comments: