Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dred Scott Trio @ Interstate 5/15/12

It was only a matter of time before I was finally able to see them.  Dred Scott was curating Tues nights at this nice little bar.  The owner wants to get a Tues Night Jazz Night thing going on on that block on Orchard.  I had noticed a trombone trio playing at another place on the corner on my way.  I love this idea.  Will Bernard was playing the following week.  I took so long to put this up, that I'm not sure if it is still going on.  I hope so. 

The Trio was playing up front by the bar.  Dred had a little keyboard sitting on a table top with a powerful sound.  I loved the bass.  The drums were awesome.  They had a special guest, MC Extra Cheese.  He had fun rap lyrics.

I found out about this show from the gigometer list.  I met Pierre, the compiler at this show.  It's a great list in that he's got a lot on there I don't see on other lists.  Check it out.

This is the cool bar:
http://www.boweryboogie.com/2011/08/interstate-food-liquor-opening-at-74-orchard/

Dred Scott Trio:
Dred Scott, piano
Ben Rubin, bass
Tony Mason, drums

No comments: