Saturday, August 13, 2011

MTO w/ Henry Butler @ WFC 7/30/11

A couple of songs and then Henry Butler came out and stayed for the duration.  This was his first time playing with them and I hope there's many more to come.  Steven was talking about them playing together at Carnegie Hall.

It just clicked that Dean Bowman is the gospel singer from the Undead Jazzfest Park Slope Night.  I love it when things come together.  There was also a female vocalist that came out twice.

The entire show was phenomenal.  I think they came on a little after 5:30 and played until 6:45, which was 15 minutes past the end time.  I love this band more than I can say.  I'm looking forward to the new CD - music of Sly & the Family Stone.

Millennial Territory Orchestra
Erik Lawrence baritone/soprano
Doug Weiselman clarinet
Charlie Burnham violin
Curtis Fowlkes trombone
Michael Blake tenor sax
Ben Allison bass
Ben Perowsky drums
Steven Bernstein slide trumpet, conduction, composition
 

No comments: