Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Matt Mitchell's Central Chain @ Cornelia St 2/13/11

I went because I already know I love everyone in the band except the leader - simply due to unfamiliarity. Well, the leader is great, also, which is why all these great people play with him. I remember I liked it, but don't have many details stored in my head. Just look at the lineup and know it was good.


MATT MITCHELL'S CENTRAL CHAIN
Matt Mitchell, piano, compositions; Tim Berne, alto sax; Oscar Noriega, bass clarinet; Mary Halvorson, guitar; John Hebert, bass; Tomas Fujiwara , drums
"With the ensemble Central Chain, Matt Mitchell strives to reconcile various areas of composition and improvisation within a group context. Towards this end he has assembled a group consisting of several of the foremost New York City improvisors, including Tim Berne, Oscar Noriega, Mary Halvorson, John Hebert, and Tomas Fujiwara. This will be the groups first NYC appearance."
Cover $10 http://www.mattmitchell.us

No comments: