Sunday, February 13, 2011

Eril Deutsch @ Rose Live 2/9/11

Coming off the night before, I got there just little before 9.  There weren't many people there, and they got started at about 9:45.  I had gotten an email that my Brooklyn friend wasn't going to make it after all and I started 2nd guessing my music choice for the evening, especially since I knew I wouldn't be able to stay for the 2nd set and I especially wanted to catch some of that. Well, as soon as they started playing that funky, creative awesome music, I knew I made the right choice.  It was definitely my kind of music.  I loved the entire 70 min set. They did a Neil Young tune in celebration of the Carnegie Hall show happening the next night.

I would have loved to stay for the 2nd band (listed below), but I wanted to pace the week, so I left soon after the great music ended.


Eric Deutsch Band
w/ Erik D. on keys
Brandon Seabrook on guitar
Benjamin Rubin on bass
Tony Mason on drums

10:30pm: Jonah Smith Band
w/Jonah on keys
Doug Wamble on guitar and vocals
Benjamin Rubin on bass
Gintas Janusonis on drums

No comments: