Sunday, August 29, 2010

Eloise Laws @ Napa 8/26/10

Yes, my one big business trip of the year is again to Napa Valley, CA. I also found an excuse to do some work in San Francisco ahead of time. We were again fortunate that Eloise Laws was a guest at our big dinner in the wine cellar on Thurs night. She said she wasn't going to sing, but then was moved enough to treat us to a moving acapella rendition of "Fever". Later, she was so happy she sang "At Last" for the first time ever. I thought she blew Etta James away when comparing to the time I saw Etta at Carnegie Hall in the past 5 years. I really felt it.

At the start of dinner, I noticed her purse was burgeoning with a few CDs. She had brought them to give to some friends. I asked her about them and scored one. I'm looking forward to listening to it.

No comments: