Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Karen Waltuch @ The Stone 12/9/09

We were told there was going to be one piece and it's a short one. It ended up being 15 minutes of excellent music. Ruben Radding was on bass instead of the guy listed. I enjoyed it very much. There was one part where it was just the viola and she was playing it by hitting the strings with her bow. It sounded great and I don't think I ever saw that before.

It turned out there were also 2 dancers. Each of them sat in the middle seat of each of the 2 front rows. They moved, usually very slowly, and mainly sitting the chair, but sometimes turning around. They were improvising but also doing similar movements. It was very different. I get it, since I think all music is for dancing. It was quite different.


Karen Waltuch
Karen Waltuch (viola) Ben Holmes (trumpet) Briggan Krauss (alto sax) Andrew Lafkas (bass)

No comments: