Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite @ Riviera Theatre, Chicago 3/3/13

I had a business trip to Chicago.  I hadn't been there in about 13 years or so.  I contacted some friends, vetted out the music options in their city, and they chose this.  It was a good show and a lot of fun.  I now realize I was getting Charlie Musselwhite mixed up with someone else. 

I like the Riv.  The floor is all standing.  We had a good spot in front of the stage not too close, but close enough.  It was easy to stash my coat over a railing and leave it.  Ben and Charlie did a lot of sitting, but they stood at times.  The other 3 stood the whole time. 

It was a fun, good show.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-03-04/entertainment/ct-ent-0305-harper-musselwhite-review-20130305_1_charlie-musselwhite-blues-ben-harper

No comments: