Sunday, April 15, 2012

Avram's Electric Kool-Aid @ Nublu 4/10/12

It was my first time to Nublu since it reopened after renovations.  They just painted the day before so the smell was lingering.  You can't go outside out back anymore and they only sell beer, wine, and sake (probably soda, but you can't be too sure).

I saw it listed in the DMG newsletter and when I saw Dave Phelps was in it, I knew I had to go.  I knew the name Kenny Wessel and recognized Avram Fefer from Burnt Sugar.  He was great as were they all.  I've been looking out for Dave ever since Steven Bernstein curated The Stone.  He did not disappoint. He's a great psychadelic rock guitar player,  Kenny had an interesting electric guitar.  The bass was awesome.  The drums were good.

It was too bad there were only a few people there.  I was the only one dancing and the only one in front of the stage.  Everyone else was sitting on the couch on the side or way over at the bar.  I don't know how they managed, it was really grooving.  I had to leave a little before 11 to pace for the week.  I hope I didn't miss much.

Avram's Electric Kool-Aid - Featuring:
Kenny Wessel - guitar / Dave Phelps - guitar
Jason DiMatteo elec. bass / Chris Eddleton drums
Avram Fefer - saxes and composition

No comments: