Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Bad Plus @ City Winery 9/20/11

It was such a nice treat to see them at City Winery.  I could dance and there was room back at my favorite seat, good old #185.  I felt like they were playing their Greatest Hits, and I soon realized everything they do could be considered a greatest hit.  They even did a couple of new ones and they are just as phenomenal as the old ones.  What is equally impressive is they all compose different songs.  They really are a unit when they are working together.  I'm so glad they found each other.

It was all excellent.  It started at about 9:15 and I unfortunately had to leave at about 10:20 to take care of the cat and I had another early workday coming up.  Had I known about the opening band, I could have stopped at home first and probably would have sacrificed some sleep to see it to the end.  It was great show!

No comments: