Sunday, December 23, 2012

Some Cat From Japan @ Brooklyn Bowl 12/22/12

Wow! They were losing the audience, so instead of waiting until 12:30, they went on not too long after Anders finished.  Very cool since Metzger and Bolivar were in both bands and just played a 2 hour set. 

It was awesome!  I was going to stick around because I hadn't seen them yet, but I wasn't expecting anything great.  Well, great it was.  I had an awesome time.  I slipped out during a slow song, which sounded great, I just knew it was time for me to leave.

Some Cat From Japan (ft. Nigel Hall, Scott Metzger, Will Bernard, Eric Bolivar & Ron Johnson)
Some Cat From Japan is a super group that explores the music of Jimi Hendrix. The group includes bass player Ron Johnson (KDTU, Brett Dennen) guitarist Scott Metzger (RANA, Particle, American Babies, Serena Jean Band, Bustle in Your Hedgerow), guitarist Will Bernard (Stanton Moore trio, Will Bernard trio, T.J. Kirk), keyboard player and vocalist Nigel Hall (Soulive, Eric Krasno’s Chapter 2, Lettuce, the Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi band), and drummer Eric Bolivar (Bonerama, KDTU, Pimps of Joytime, Anders Osborne.).

No comments: