Thursday, November 29, 2012

Phil Lesh and Friends @ Roseland 11/11/12

A friend had an extra and when I saw Joe Russo was in it I figured "why not?".  I was going more to hang out and hope that Joe was enough to endure a tired old Dead cover band.  I was pleasantly surprised that the band was good.  I enjoyed it a lot.  Press releases said they were going to do 3 sets with a very special guest for the 3rd set each night in NYC.  I didn't know who he was, but it was nice having another guy up there.  I read later it was Stanly Jordon.  I also was just fine with the "regular band".  I actually wasn't as into that 3rd set as the other 2.  It was still good, but I didn't have a problem leaving Early, at around 11:20.

I was very happy with the Strawberry Fields cover in the 1st set.  Joe Russo was indeed phenomenal.

Personnel:
Phil, Jackie Greene, Joe Russo, John Kadlecik, Jeff Chimenti

SET 1

01. tuning
02. Alligator
03. Bird Song
04. Till The Light Comes
05. Strawberry Fields Forever
06. Franklins Tower

SET 2

07. Dweller On The Treshold
08. Doin That Rag
09. Just Another Whistle Stop
10. Althea
11. Cosmic Charlie

SET 3
with Stanley Jordan (guitar)

12. jam
13. Mountains Of The Moon
14. The Other One
15. Dark Star
16. Stairway To Heaven
17. Dark Star
18, All Along The Watchtower
19. Morning Dew
20. Dark Star

ENC:

21. crowd / donor rap
22. US Blues

No comments: