Friday, January 13, 2012

Skerik/Medeski/Deitch @ LPR 1/5/12

Yes, there was still one more phenomenal band in this one ticket lineup. I bought the combo ticket for this show plus 2 days of Winter Jazzfest. I can't remember how much, but it was a pretty good deal.

Before leaving my home for the night I checked Facebook and saw this amazing video. I was super psyched. I heard they are recording soon, so hopefully that means more chances to see them.

They were great and there were definitely moments. It was tough to play that late and follow that intense Red Baraat show. It would have been a whole other thing if they were before Red Baraat, after The Young Philadelphians. It was great, but hard to overcome the tiredness. Skerik had a couple of keyboards as well as the tenor. It's going to be fun to see this band evolve.

No comments: