Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Louie Belogenis @ The Stone 8/15/12

It was phenomenal.  It seems like it's been a while since I've been to a pure improvising show.  Too long.  They were all incredible. I found myself mainly watching the piano.  They had it set up so we could really see what he was doing and he was so interesting.  I've only seen Russ Lossing at Cornelia St. Cafe before, so it was a treat to be so close in the front row of The Stone.  He was awesome with sticks and mallets and little tools on the strings as well as playing the keys with his hands.  My attention did get pulled over to Kenny quite a bit and he was always very interesting.  Louie is always a treat for me.


Louie Belogenis Louie Belogenis (soprano and tenor saxes) Russ Lossing (piano) Kenny Wollesen (drums) New music from this exciting improvising unit. A rare performance of the underground elite.

No comments: