Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Word @ Terminal 5 12/31/09

I couldn't resist hitting the first part of this. Who knows, this could be my last chance to experience this band, they don't come around much. I also had a ticket to Mule, but I wanted to get in some of this first.

They were only allowing VIP tickets to go to the 2nd level. The 3rd level was probably closed altogether. It looked like there weren't many people upstairs. I thought that wasn't a bad idea to keep most everyone on the 1st level.

The sound really is terrible there. Still, I enjoyed the first couple of songs so much I could get by the sound. It was intense and awesome. They started at 9:40, which seemed a little late.

I did start gradually getting bored after that. At 10:30ish I just knew it was time to bail and get over to The Beacon, so I left. I'm very glad for those 1st couple of songs. After that, I couldn't even drum up much enthusiasm for Medeski. I will say that Luther is an awesome guitar player. That was a good warmup for what was to come at my next stop. The bass was killer. I'm looking forward to seeing North Mississippi Allstars in Feb.

No comments: