Friday, April 12, 2013

Eli Yamin Quartet @ Dizzy's 4/9/11

I wanted to see Evan Christopher, who I've never seen outside of New Orleans.  It was good.  Fun and NOLA style.  I did really the piano as well.  I was sitting at the bar and it was somewhat annoying that the staff was talking so much. I don't recall hearing so much talking at Dizzy's before and I have sit over there before.  It wasn't too hard to drown them out for the most part, it was fun lively music.

Eli Yamin Quartet Featuring Evan Christopher
CD Release - Louie’s Dream
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
7:30pm, 9:30pm | Dizzy's Club Coca Cola
Cover: $25
Student: $15 (Select sets with Student I.D.)
With Evan Christopher, clarinet; Nicki Parrott, bass; LaFrae Sci, drums
New York jazz and blues expert Eli Yamin has one foot in the past and one in the future with both his traditional jazz group and his new release Louie’s Dream.  Buoyed by New Orleans clarinetist Evan Christopher, versatile bassist Nicki Parrott, and genre-crossing drummer LaFrae Sci, these sets are sure to be adventures into new territory.

No comments: