Thursday, January 3, 2013

Gov't Mule @ The Beacon 12/31/12

Warren can play the blues!  He just continually impressed me in that 2nd set.  First set was short so that the 2nd set could be extra long. 

I could do without the Chronic Horns.  I think they could go down to New Orleans and get anyone and have more effective horns.  There were some good solos and they weren't bad, like the first year I saw them with Mule on the NYE run.  But, I'm disappointed they don't get more powerful horns.  Anyway, they certainly don't hurt, it's just they don't do much for the show.  It didn't really matter since the music was so good.

I did enjoy the 30th a little more, but it was a good night and a good show.

Set 1
Bad Little Doggie with Kirk West Introduction
Left Coast Groovies
About To Rage
Streamline Woman
Endless Parade
Monkey Hill with She's So Heavy ending
Brighter Days

Set 2 Three Kings with Chronic Horns (Buford O'Sullivan, Pam Fleming, Jenny Hill & Steve Elson)
Freddie King
Kirk West Introduction
Pack It Up*
I Got The Same Old Blues*
Only Getting Second Best*
Texas Flyer*
She's A Burglar*
Albert King
Kirk West Introduction
Blues Power*
Crosscut Saw*
Down Don't Bother Me*
Born Under A Bad Sign
B.B. King
New Years Countdown >
When Love Comes To Town* with Nigel Hall
To Know You is to Love You*
How Blue Can You Get?*
I Got Some Help I Don't Need*
Hummingbird* with The Ass-ets (Machan Taylor, Alicia Shakur & Nigel Hall)

Set 3
Thelonius Beck
Beautifully Broken
The Hunter > with Chronic Horns, Oz Noy & Hook Herrera
Drums >
How Many More Years with Chronic Horns, Oz Noy & Hook Herrera

Encore
Three Kings Medley: with Chronic Horns
I'll Play The Blues For You* >
The Thrill Is Gone* >
Ain't No Sunshine* >
The Thrill Is Gone

* First Time Played


No comments: