Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Avashai Cohen @ Rose Live 9/8/09

Yes, I love this place. I also now know it's the same travel time as getting to The Stone, so why not.

This was the lite setup, that I hadn't yet experienced. That curtain on the left side is drawn and there are tables right next to it. It's a little more open in the middle. There were about 10 tables total in the space. I thought there were more the first time I saw Charlie there, but maybe not.

The music was good, straight ahead jazz. I wanted music, it was at the right time (9:20ish), and Nasheet Waits was playing. Deal! I left at about 10:20, right after a ballad. I would liked to have waited for a more "up" number, like the one before it, but I needed to be ready to work and pace myself for the week. It was perfect for what I was looking for.



Tues 9/8 9PM & 11PM - AVISHAI COHEN
Residency w/Jason Lindner & Nasheet Waits
www.AvishaiCohenMusic.com
Trumpeter Avishai Cohen continues his September residency with a differnt trio each week!
No cover

No comments: