Sunday, July 26, 2009

Eloise Laws

I just back from a work trip to the San Francisco area. I did spend a couple of days in SF, but none of the music was grabbing me. I did make it to Amoeba Music, which is still the best record store I've ever been to. I got lots of interesting world music compilations and a few other interesting buys.

Anyway, I had the privilege of being at a private event where this singer, Eloise Laws, was also a guest. She was persuaded to give us a taste of her talents and sang this amazing a cappella song that blew me away. She had everyone snap their fingers to add a little rhythm, and even that was perfect. I'm getting chills again thinking about how great it was. At first she did it in a more classical style, but then as she went on, she moved into the jazz style. I did some googling and hope I get another opportunity to hear her again.

http://www.fearofablankplanet.com/artists/urban_r_b/r_b_pop_crossover/eloise_laws_secrets.html

http://www.soul-patrol.com/newsletter/2004/news15/eloise.html

No comments: