Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Butch Morris @ The Stone 7/28/09

I thought it was going to be the typical (if there is such a thing) Butch Morris conduction lecture. I'm very interested to see that again. However, I can wait as long as necessary. I was so glad when I came in to see Okkyung Lee and Alex Waterman on cello and Charlie Burnham on violin. It was all strings and the other 4 bassists, 2 violas, and violin were as great as the 3 whose names I do know.

We were all sweltering in there, though. It was a 45 min set of unbelievable greatness. I feel kind of guilty I couldn't stick it out for the 2nd set. Usually I try to think if they can play in it, the least I can do is listen and enjoy. I just wasn't up to it.

7/28 Tuesday (MP)
8 and 10 pm
Butch Morris "Does His Thing"
Butch Morris (conduction)
FIFTEEN DOLLARS

No comments: