Tuesday, December 22, 2009

GAT @ Bowery Ballroom 12/19/09

I got there to enjoy a band I never saw play together before. They called themselves "The Daddy Issues" and it was Skerik, Marco, and Adam Deitch. It was an impromptu put together because Stanton's flight was delayed and Mike D couldn't get out of NOLA (Stanton flew in from TX). It was a win for me. It was great, and I realized how much I missed Skerik. I hope they put together this band again. It was more off the cuff and somewhat improvised and really awesome. Skerik also played a lot in this trio and sounded awesome! We need him here more often, like the old days.

Stanton arrived for the 2nd set. I was surprised, given how the snow kept falling. I was also very very happy. I really loved The Daddy Issues and I very much want to see them again. But, Stanton brought a Garage a Trois intensity that brought it all to a whole other level. It was so awesome. I learned at that Highline show that Mike really makes a big difference. His bandmates were definitely missing him.

It was very special in that we heard more from Skerik's sax, especially in the 1st set. I had a lot of moments that set. I also love going out for the first snow.

I loved the 1 hour set so much, and I didn't feel the lack because I didn't know what I was missing. So, I really loved that show. I love the Led Zeppelin song they chose, No Quarter. I also assumed they would make it up to us some day, little did I know it would be so soon ...

No comments: